Tuesday, December 31, 2013

General tips from my point of view.

What and how you take that picture is what makes them interesting. Never had grama pull out those old photo albums? and you'd rather do algebra in your head than have her pull out another.... unless that is she has those nifty pictures of Mom or Dad...buck naked as a baby running across the lawn. Uncle Bob passed out on the couch in a wig with make-up on.  Interesting and funny, makes you want to keep looking.

While Funny might not be your aim, don't discount the pic of some NPC walking on air.... take that goofy pic of your PC looking up her skirt... and give it an appropriate caption. The deer half in the ground, shoot it in the butt with an arrow...take a pic, make the caption funny... or even photo shop a caption balloon into the pic.

The angle of the picture can make the  picture better than it would have been otherwise.  Lighting  and  luck  have lot  to do with it also. Patience...lot and lots!!

 I knew this area would make a good clear picture, but I wanted something cool, neat...memorable. I played around with the angles and the characters pose until I found something I thought would make a great picture.

There is only so much we can do with a console and controller. BUT what can be done is only limited by your imagination.

You've got a beautiful or BA character and you want to share, do so and keep your head high. Perhaps they don't look like your best friends...who has that nice pc...soooo, you take a good...interesting...funny... BA...picture and hold your head up high.

You look at my phone... what you'll see..picture wise...my Son in his Army uniform, my dogs ( various pictures) my hubby, places we have been and my very favorite Skyrim pictures... I have had people ask me where this or that picture was taken... obviously the second is a real picture. When I say Skyrim to the first they look at me oddly and ask where that is. Well they are looking at a 2in by 2in picture on my phone, not nearly as big as the one on the computer.

Are  my pictures perfect...well no, of course not. I try and I try hard to make them look nice. You can to, work at it.

General tips for good pictures are the same as taking real life pictures, 1/2 what your take will only be interesting to you.

* Always take more than one picture... the wavy lines may not be in the second or third picture.
* if the content is darker than you would like, if you are paused, go into the main menu and turn up the brightness. Use a torch or light spell, just remember they are both going to cause shadows and different coloring to the picture.
* That scene looks nice?... but kinda...ho-hum? move the Point of view to another angle. Make it look like someone is "peeking" at your character from around a tree or rock. Is there a shadow?... might look kinda nice in a picture... I have yet to get a full shadow of a dragon flying over my character...but I AM working on that.
* pay attention to the background... nothing like taking that "seriously eipc" picture only to later notice the naked courier ( revliers...whatever) in the background.





No comments:

Post a Comment